Mary Ruth Briggs Library
The Mary Ruth Briggs Library is supported by the City of Morgan’s Point Resort property tax dollars and is staffed by volunteers. Every patron and visitor has a right to expect the facility to be a clean, pleasant and safe place. To best serve all library users, certain standards and rules of Library behavior have been established. Behavior becomes unacceptable when it impinges on the appropriate use of the library by others, and when it could result in injury or it could result in damage to property.
- No food or drink may be brought into the Library.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn.
- Please, no loud talking or shouting.
- Damaging or destroying Library materials, furniture, equipment, or property is prohibited.
- The Library is a smoke-free environment. Other uses of tobacco are not allowed inside the Library.
- No unruly behavior, such as running, jumping, hitting, wrestling, throwing things, or other aggressive actions or statements. No use of sports equipment in the Library.
- Commercial solicitation, selling, and panhandling are prohibited.
- Animals are prohibited, except for service animals for the disabled.
- Verbal or physical abuse or sexual harassment of Library users or staff is prohibited.
- No illegal behavior of any type.
- No tampering with or destroying computer equipment or files.
Unattended Children Policy
Children aged 8 years and under may not be left unattended in the Library. It is the parent’s responsibility to provide childcare; the Library and its staff will not be used for this purpose.
- Children age 8 and under must be accompanied by an adult/guardian or an adolescent of at least 14 years of age while using the Library resources.
- Children age 9 and up are allowed to use the facilities, unaccompanied by an adult, provided their behavior is not disruptive to other patrons or staff.
- Parents will be called and asked to pick up their children if the child does not adhere to all rules.
The Library is staffed by volunteers. Please help us maintain a library of which all citizens may be proud.