Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Commission of Morgan’s Point Resort City is comprised of 6 volunteer citizens appointed by the City Council. It is the responsibility of the Planning and Zoning Commission to:
- Update zoning ordinances in coordination the Master Plan, as determined by the CityCouncil.
- Update the subdivision regulations as needed.
- Verify all property owners and residents within 200 feet of the property for which change in zoning is proposed have been notified by CityStaff.
- Every five years, review all zoning regulations and propose, in coordination with the City Staff to the City Council, any needed changes resulting from the review.
- Receive all requests for changes in zoning or variances from zoning regulations and make appropriate recommendations to the CityCouncil.
- Be guided by the Master Plan in deliberation on proposals for change in zoning or subdivision regulations.
- Review and propose action of City Council all proposals for subdividing property in the City and in the Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) of the City.
- 6:00 pm
- Fourth Tuesday of each month
- Garrett and Mic Hill Event Center
60 Morgan’s Point Boulevard
Morgan’s Point Resort, TX 76513
- Agendas & Minutes (Please see home page for access to Minutes for all meetings)
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
- Minutes are also available following approval.